The crypto market is building even in a bear market, with the Web3 ecosystem maintaining around 5,000 active developers per week for the past three months, with Ether ranking first with 1,720. From this week’s statistics (8 projects in total), web3 infrastructure projects (4) continue to be favored by investors, while NFT (2), Game (1), and DeFi (1) projects have seen a slowdown in the number of pitches and funding. CGV, in conjunction with CTC, has put together a week’s worth of noteworthy pitches and funding information from the global crypto market, below, for August 1, 2022 -July 7 Global Crypto Market Pitching Information.
1. Debt DAO | Seed round funding of $3.5 million｜Led by Dragonfly Capital On August 1st, Debt DAO, a crypto credit protocol, closed a $3.5 million seed round led by Dragonfly Capital with participation from GSR, Numeus, Fasanara Capital and others. Link to original article:https://www.theblock.co/post/160427/dragonfly-capital-leads-3-5-million-seed-round-for-debt-dao
2. Lifeform | Seed Round Financing｜Led by Binance Labs On August 3, Lifeform, a provider of decentralized visual digital identity (DID) solutions, announced the completion of a seed funding round led by Binance Labs. Link to original article:https://twitter.com/BinanceLabs/status/1554664874340278274?s=20&t=mikJu0V_deT_2QP51w69-g
3. Web3Port | Seed round funding of $1 million｜SNZ, HashKey and others participated On August 3, Web3 gas pedal Web3Port (formerly ICPort) closed a $1 million seed round at a $20 million valuation, with participation from SNZ Holding, HashKey, KuCoin Ventures, FBG, Spark Digital Capital, 7 O’Clock Capital, MH Ventures, Web 3.0 SEA Alliance, BetteversDAO, and others. Link to original article:https://medium.com/@Web3Port/icport-closes-seed-round-funding-at-20-million-valuation-and-is-officially-rebranded-to-web3port-4ecce60730fd
4. Coherent | Seed round funding of $4.5 million｜Coinbase Ventures and others participated On August 5, Coherent, a blockchain data startup founded by former Coinbase employee Carl Cortright, closed a $4.5 million seed round led by Kindred Ventures, Matchstick Ventures and Foundry Group, with participation from Coinbase Ventures, Alchemy and Chapter One. Link to original article:https://www.theblock.co/post/161557/coherent-web3-data-startup-funding-former-coinbase-employee
5. OrBit Markets | Raised $4.6 million in an angel round｜Led by Matrixport On August 1, OrBit Markets, an institutional liquidity provider in crypto options and structured products, recently announced the closing of a $4.6 million angel funding round led by Matrixport with participation from Brevan Howard Digital, New Form Capital, Maven 11 and Westridge Markets. Link to original article:https://us.acrofan.com/detail.php?number=701181
6. Panzerdogs | Raised $3.35 million｜Solana Ventures and others participed On August 4, Panzerdogs, a “tank battle” themed PvP chain game, closed $3.35 million in funding from Solana Ventures, Magic Eden, COM2US, CRIT, Mysten Labs, Zeeprime Capital, Hustle Fund, SOLBigBrain, and Devmons GG, and individual investors such as Sebastien Borget, co-founder of The Sandbox. Link to original article:https://view.news.eu.nasdaq.com/view?id=bdfd77d8932fb747603d7c94d3fa7be23&lang=en
7. Capsid | Seed round funding of $3 million｜Distributed Global and others participed On August 1st, Capsid, the NFT derivatives marketplace, announced on social media that it had closed a $3 million seed funding round. The round was funded by Distributed Global, 32-Bit Ventures, SpringWind, Xoogler Ventures and Mask Network. Link to original article:https://twitter.com/Capsid_One/status/1554302018641993728?s=20&t=rTX-j3UDxTVuBZNsKpGaCQ
8. Halliday | Seed round financing of $6 million｜Led by a16z On August 5, Web3 startup Halliday closed a $6 million seed round led by a16z with participation from Hashed, A.Capital, SV Angel and others. Link to original article:https://twitter.com/TechCrunch/status/1555242667793072129?s=20&t=UFX0qymtEcpOsHwNVjMh6g
About Cryptogram Venture (CGV) : Cryptogram Venture (CGV) is a Japan-based research and investment institution engaged in crypto. With the business philosophy of “research-driven investment”, it has participated in early investments in FTX, Republic, CasperLabs, AlchemyPay, Graph, Bitkeep, Pocket, and Powerpool, as well as the Japanese government-regulated yen stablecoin JPYW, etc. Meanwhile, CGV FoF is the limited partner of Huobi venture, Rocktree capital, Kirin fund, etc. Currently, CGV has branches in Singapore, Canada, and China.