Due to the liquidity crisis, the crypto market has been falling recently, with the total market capitalisation of crypto assets having shrunk by nearly two-thirds compared to the high point in November last year, and the investment fever in the primary market is gradually decreasing. From this week’s statistics (9 projects in total), the number of investment and funding for web3 infrastructure projects (2) has significantly decreased, Game (4) projects are still the key investment target of the market, and the number of investment and funding for NFT (2) and DAO (1) projects has also decreased. CGV and CTC have put together a summary of the noteworthy investment and funding information of the global crypto market for the week, as follows Global crypto market investment and funding information from 13 June — 19 June 2022.
1. ScienceMagic.Studios｜Pre-seed round raises $10 million｜Coinbase Ventures and others participed
On June 13, ScienceMagic.Studios, a firm that advises brands and talent on implementing web3 technologies, completed a $10 million pre-seed round of financing, which was invested by Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group (DCG) and others. Link to original article:https://www.theblock.co/linked/151724/web3-tech-advisory-firm-sciencemagic-studios-raises-10-million-pre-seed
2. zCloak Network｜Pre-A round of funding of $5.8 million｜Led by Coinbase Ventures On June 17, zCloak Network, which provides zero-knowledge proofs for public blockchains, closed a $5.8 million Pre-A round of funding led by Coinbase Ventures, with participation from Bixin Ventures, Matrixport Ventures, DFG, Sancus Ventures, KuCoin Ventures, Sanctor Capital, Hash Global and Jump Capital, among others. With the new funds, zCloak Network plans to expand its partnerships with identity data attestors, web3 applications and blockchain networks. Link to original article:https://www.theblock.co/post/152423/zero-knowledge-proof-startup-zcloak-network-raises-5-8-million?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss
3. Nefta｜Raising $1 million｜Picus Capital participates On June 14th, Web3 gaming platform Nefta announced a $1 million round of funding from Picus Capital, which the company plans to use to partner with more game studios. Link to original article:https://www.animationxpress.com/technology/nefta-announces-1million-investment-from-picus-capital-to-accelerate-the-growth-of-web3-gaming/
4. The Wildcard Alliance｜Series A financing of US$46 million｜Led by Paradigm On June 14th, The Wildcard Alliance, the Web3 Games subsidiary of indie game studio Playful Studios, announced the closing of a $46 million Series A round of funding led by Paradigm with participation from Griffin Gaming Partners, Polygon and others. The company is currently releasing a multiplayer online battle royale game. Link to original article:https://finance.yahoo.com/news/words-friends-co-founder-raises-131148207.html
5. Saga｜Raised $3.6 million｜Led by Animoca Brands On June 16, Saga, a decentralized gaming community, announced the closing of a $3.6 million funding round led by Animoca Brands, with investment from Delta Blockchain Fund, Genblock Capital, Moonchain Capital, Compute Ventures, NGC Ventures, Highstreet Ventures, M31 Capital, TsingTing Capital, Metal VC, PANONY, Rainmaker Games, Everest Ventures Group, vEmpire, SL2 Capital and AAG Ventures participated. Saga is a decentralized gaming community with a focus on expanding and enriching the metaverse through building chain-agnostic market tooling, championing emerging projects, and unlocking the power of metaverse owners, builders, and players across the globe. It can do so with cross-game non-fungible tokens (NFTs), which authenticate unique digital items using the blockchain. Link to original article:https://venturebeat.com/2022/06/15/saga-raises-3-6m-to-make-metaverse-middleware/
6. Clockwork Labs｜Series A financing of US$22 million｜Led by a16z On June 17th, Clockwork Labs, a gaming company, announced the closing of a $22 million Series A round of funding led by a16z with participation from Supercell and others. The funding will be used to develop its community sandbox massively multiplayer online role-playing game BitCraft and to support new database technologies for games, web applications and Web3 APP. Link to original article:https://venturebeat.com/2022/06/16/clockwork-labs-raises-22m-for-community-sandbox-mmorpg-bitcraft/
7. Castle｜Pre-Seed round raises $1.5 million｜Led by Dragonfly Capital On June 17, NFT Smart Wallet Castle closed a $1.5 million Pre-Seed round led by Dragonfly Capital, with participation from Palm Tree Crew, Lattice Capital, Whitestar, Framework and others, and individual investors including Andy ( Fractional), Gmoney, Jess Sloss (Seed Club), Trevor McFedries (FWB & Dapper Labs, Linda Xie, Cooper Turley, Hunter Horsely (Bitwise), Mariano Conti Jason Goldlist, John Barnett, Joshua Harris and others. Link to original article:https://mirror.xyz/castlelink.eth/RLwmbMc6Li7FUDO5B0BBJa34TaZioPwMxJHzoUWrqzI
8. Fika｜Raising $4 million｜Led by First Round Capital and others On June 19th, NFT startup Fika announced the closing of a $4 million funding round led by First Round Capital, XYZ Capital and Moment. Link to original article:https://decrypt.co/103239/silicon-valley-producers-tap-ethereum-nfts-for-user-generated-comedy
9. Molecule｜Seed round funding of $13 million｜Led by Northpond Ventures On June 13, Molecule, a platform where medical research projects can receive funding via decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), closed a $13 million seed round led by Northpond Ventures with participation from Backed VC, Shine Capital, Speedinvest and former Coinbase CTO Balaji Srinivasan. Link to original article:https://www.theblock.co/post/151539/decentralized-science-platform-molecule-raises-13-million-in-seed-funding
About CGV FoF: CGV FoF is an Asia-based Fund of Funds (FoF) that focuses on investments in Crypto Fund and Crypto Studio. CGV FoF is composed of family funds from Japan, Korea, and China’s mainland and Taiwan, with headquarters in Japan and branches in Singapore and Canada.